I came here, thinking it would be a 'winter-wonderland' and thankfully, it was. It was NOT as
cold as everyone was saying to me, but it was very fun. But the problem is, it is now becoming spring, when normally, the snow doesn't melt until mid April. Today was about 45 degrees the whole day. But in a regular, FREEZING winter, it would probably be 32 degrees.
So what I'm trying to say is that I wish winter would have lasted longer and colder. but at the same time I can't wait go go outside in shorts and a t-shirt.
There's a saying that's often very true of Chicago weather: March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. We're in the midst of that transition now, but don't become complacent. Some of our worst (or best?) snow storms have come at the end of March or even beginning of April. Not very lamb-like at all! My favorite season is fall. The leaves and crisp cool air are awesome. Unfortunately, that's when we return to school.
ReplyDelete