Friday, March 5, 2010

"nothing" to do...

It's very late right now, and I'm very tired, sort of, and I have nothing to do... besides I've been on my computer for hours in bed, and then after the third or fourth hour, I realize I could blog, so I am. About what "nothing" means to me.

To me, "nothing" is "something" but I don't know what. For instance, when I was 8 or 9 years old, I used to tell myself to thing about "nothing", and the "nothing" was to choose a soothing color, so I could fall asleep. I always chose a really simple, quiet color; black. So I closed my eyes, and thought of black. But my problem was that when I closed my eyes, I saw the word "black", not the color! :( :(
But my problem is over, because now I thing of someone or something or some place, very special to me, and try, sort of, to dream about this person, thing, or place.

2 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful way to fall asleep..thx for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I go to sleep, sometimes I envision myself as a character in a favorite movie or book. Often I create a new character and her to the book or movie. It sounds sort of like what you do, and it works for me! Another thing that might help is Stargirl's eraser. Sort of think about erasing yourself by slowly relaxing every muscle in your body from the top of your head through your eyebrows, relaxing all the muscles in your face, aroud your eyes, nose, mouth blah blah blah all the way to your toes. But the trick is do relax very slowly.

    ReplyDelete